- 040. I have read that the revocation information should ... (396266 views)
- 020. If CAdES and XAdES already had their own ... (338993 views)
- 020. Does this part allow to have multiple signatures? ... (269274 views)
- 010. Is this part completely equivalent to ISO 32000? ... (256472 views)
- 50 In order to choose the right PAdES part ... (243002 views)
- 100. It is getting more more complicated. Could you ... (79279 views)
- 020 How does PAdES relate to PDF/A-1? (59531 views)
- 050. What is the structure of DSS dictionary and ... (46162 views)
- 010 What is the percentage of existing PDF-Signatures that ... (45197 views)
- 010. Could you briefly summarize what is this part ... (42277 views)
- 50 In order to choose the right PAdES part ... (2010-01-03 18:34)
- 030 How do I tell a PAdES conformant document ... (2009-12-07 16:41)
- 020 How does PAdES relate to PDF/A-1? (2009-12-07 16:41)
- 010 What is the percentage of existing PDF-Signatures that ... (2009-12-07 16:40)
- 040 What exactly is protected by the content-time-stamp attribute? ... (2009-11-23 19:59)
Welcome to the PAdES FAQ web site. This site includes answers to questions already asked about PAdES and lets you ask new questions which we will attempt to answer as soon as possible.
PAdES (acronym of PDF Advanced Electronic Signatures) is a set of standards published by ETSI (TS 102 778 parts 1 to 5) to support European requirements for electronic signatures. PAdES is based on existing PDF Signatures as specified in ISO 32 000. It includes features to support validation of signatures which are stored for years or even decades.
The site is aimed at implementers of PAdES as well as those considering whether PAdES is appropriate to their needs.
Questions in Introduction
- 1. Where can the PAdES specifications be found?